Monday, March 1, 2010

Revelation



I felt like the clouds parted today, and I had a revelation.

It happened as I was teaching the boys. Eva fell, so I was holding and comforting her as I attempted to teach the boys about greater & less, counting pennies, and other wonderful "math" topics.

It was during this crazy moment that I realized how our family will thrive during our years of homeschooling. It may be messy, but we will be together. Learning and sharing life in a way unique to our family...in a way Nick and I have chosen as best for our family.

I have been in love with the idea of homeschooling, but tepid at the thought of actually doing it. Today, I felt joy as I realized how right it feels to be with my children as they learn, grow, question, laugh and change. At that moment, I felt the privilege and not the sacrifice, and for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on Home Girl's Book Blog. In my *real life* I am a homeschooling mama, too. God has really used it to reveal himself (and my kids) to me. I know that at the end of this journey, I will have learned as much as I taught, for sure. :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete