Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#9 My Children



They interrupt my plans daily, make giant messes as they explore their creative ideas, argue and fight with each other, complain when they don't like what I've cooked for dinner and generally turn my Type A control tendencies on their head. Which is exactly what I need!

Having 3-going-on-4 kids has taught me the most valuable lessons of my life...

That I'm NOT in control of anything except my attitude.

How wonderful it is to look over my children's heads as they wrestle around and catch Nick's eyes, sharing feelings in a moment that no one else can ever experience with us.

Understanding that the unconditional love that my father God has for me feels a lot like the fierce love I have for my children...only His love is stronger. This amazes me!

That although I'm making many mistakes while raising my kids, they are turning out ok. I'm so proud of the young men that are growing up in our house. I'll get back to you on how a certain young lady turns out... ; )

That the sweetest time of the day is when I tiptoe into their room at night and look down at their peaceful sleeping faces. They are beautiful and my heart fills with such love that it hurts.

I am so thankful for these lessons and the many other blessings that my three children have brought to my life. How rich these years have been!

1 comment: