Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#3 Friends

Three girls laughing
I said a sad goodbye to a friend today. She and her family are moving 3 hours away, which is *just* too far for an easy day visit...hopefully we will get to enjoy a weekend together this summer!

This afternoon reminded me that I have some wonderful friends, a fact that really hit me when I turned 30 this year and realized just how rich these friendships have made my life.

I love how very different each of these friends are...for example, a domesticated musician with a dark wit and generous soul; a sweet and intuitive social worker who loves mysteries and vintage fashion; a strong and lovely mama with a penchant for gourmet cooking and deep writing; a joyful and loving woman who excels in embracing others with her kindness and compassion...different, and yet, these women (and others I am blessed to know) are the same.

They are honest. Real.

Trustworthy of my deepest, darkest secrets.

They are fiercely loyal to their husbands, families and loved ones. They love my family.

They know how to laugh at life and themselves. They have cried with me.

They realize intuitively that a good conversation involves equal amounts of talking and listening.

They are the kind of women you meet and wish you could share your life with...even if only for a little while.

And I am just lucky enough to have had that wish come true.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Thankful Project! Fun to read and a welcome practice for this month. Thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you, too, pal!! love you!

    ReplyDelete