Monday, January 18, 2010

Enough

Haiti Earthquake Rescue Effort
I have had a crazy swirl of thoughts in my brain for the past week. Nothing I could really pin down, but tragic news from Haiti, thoughts of a friend's brave humility in facing her family's needs, our own tight budget, the cold, grey weather...all have been combining to make me a little sad and a little thoughtful, with a dash of sudden clarity.

We have enough.

I am not mixing up mud pies to take the edge off my children's starvation. I am not pulling my husband's mangled body from the wreckage of our home. I am not singing praises to my God with tears streaming down my face as I stand near the pile of rubble that used to be my church. I am not suddenly robbed of my family and alone in my fears and brokenness.

I am rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment