Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One


My baby girl turned one today.

I have been thinking a lot about what it means to have a daughter. A baby who will grow into a girl, then turn into a teenager, then transform into a woman...

I've been thinking about innocence. About confidence. About beauty. About strength...and all the other things I want Eva to have and to be...

I love my daughter! She is funny, outgoing and affectionate. Unafraid of large dogs or heights, she explores her world with wonder and abandon. She has a little vampire smile and sparkling hazel eyes. She adores her big brothers.

She is a gift.

Happy birthday, Eva!

5 comments:

  1. EVA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SWEETIE!! we love you mucho and are so glad your juno mama had you. perfect little addition to the growing h-clan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Eva Diva! You ARE a gift! We love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday...looking forward to watching you grow this new year. Blessings to you and your fan club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... love you, Eva!! Can't wait for you and my girlie to play together!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! Happy Birthday "baby Eva" we love you little miss!!!!

    ReplyDelete