Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lucky Me

Nick called me on his way home from work last night to say he'd seen a woman stranded by the side of the road, and he was going to turn around to help her.

Typical Nick. He is energized by helping those in need, no matter the weather (cold and dark), place (busy intersection) or time (dinner). What a guy.

Thirty minutes later , he calls me, and he's laughing.

"It's been so long since I've been hit on that I didn't understand what she meant when she offered me her phone number!"

It seems that this damsel in distress was out of gas, so Nick towed her with his Blazer to the nearest gas station. Apon her safe arrival, the girl thanks Nick for being such a wonderful guy, and says she's been hard pressed to find good guys in Peoria. Then she asks if she could give him her number.

I feel bad for her! It takes guts to put yourself out there...

Nick is thinking, "Hmmm, is she offering to return the favor if I ever get stranded?"

And then he realizes. OH.

So he quickly thanks her, but informs her that he's married and has three kids waiting for him at home. So, he gets back in his car and drives home to ME!!! The luckiest girl in the world.

Sorry, damsel in distress. Someday your prince will come.

1 comment: